Hey there everyone! So I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by @9to5blogs THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It’s a great boost into the blogging community and I’m glad for the nomination as it’s lead to me talking to more bloggers – which is always great!
First of all lets start with the rules:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Pretty straight forward right? So below is the 11 questions I was given and my answers to them!
1. Best book you ever read?
I feel like I should always start this question with “besides Harry Potter?” because that’s always my first thought. Of course, these books are up there but I feel like it’s such an obvious answer for anyone who knows me! I do want to add I, Coriander to this as it’s one of the books I distinctively remember making me want to become a writer. You can read about some of my other favourites in my post ‘The Books That Made Us Readers’.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I first made the blog in March 2017 with Post-University Life but didn’t touch it again until July. I made posts between 1-3 times a month after that but it’s really kicked off this January with my 31 Days of Blogging Challenge.
3. Blog goals for the next year?
I really want to build on the travel blogging side of things which hopefully will happen after I leave for America in May/June. I want to make sure I post regularly after January is over and not give up just cause the challenge has finished. I want to build my communications within the blogging community and get a bit more of a following because all in all, I do want this to be a career for me.
4. Favourite achievements in life?
Is it cheesy to say my degree? So many times I didn’t think I would do it but I managed to push through and I’m so happy I did. Also have to say my recent trip to Copenhagen made me super proud of myself for having the courage to spontaneously book my first solo trip to a country I’ve been to, staying in a hostel, and putting myself out there to make friends with complete strangers.
5. Favourite places you travelled to?
Corfu is always going to have a special place in my heart no matter how many countries I travel to. This island is like my second home and I love it so much.
6. Top tips for a new blogger?
Don’t be afraid to be personal – this is often a persons best writing because it comes from the heart and there are real emotions that make people feel like that can connect with you.
7. If you could blog full time, would you?
TOTALLY! This is my dream career hands down and I wish I was making money from it now so that I didn’t have to waste time thinking about other things I’m not interested in.
8. If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
I AM writing a book! In fact, I’m writing multiple (clearly I hate myself!) I’m mostly within the fantasy YA genre. There are two books I’m juggling in this area which you can read about in NaNoWriMo Prep and The Great First Novel Debate! I’m also writing a kind of dramatised teen contemporary/sort of memoir kind of thing I’m not sure I will ever publish but it feels good for me to write!
9. What would be your dream job?
Blogger and author OBVIOUSLY 😀
10. Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
*Laughs nervously* Um…Right now, I kind of hate this question? I might write about this in a post tomorrow because recently my circumstances have changed and I’m doing that whole “early-20’s-life-crisis-what-is-happening” kind of thing…So yea…Follow me and find out more tomorrow 😉
11. Any hobbies other than blogging?
Obsessively watching New Girl and wishing I was Jess? Is that a hobby? Hahaha nah, I love reading, doing make up, hanging out with friends and being a bit of a nerd, photography, nature walks, daydreaming…
Okay! So it’s time for me to nominate!
Your questions are:
- What inspired you to write?
- What is your favourite blog post and why?
- What is one random fact about yourself?
- Do you believe in writers’ block? If yes, how do you fix it?
- If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would it be and why?
- What is the first book that made you cry?
- What is your writing process?
- What is your favourite genre to read?
- What is one thing you HATE that authors/bloggers do?
- One book/blog you think everyone should read.
- Do you think you’ll be blogging for the rest of your life?
I look forward to reading all of your responses!